Champions Do The Basics Well
07 Aug 2018
On reflection, after my first month at Paramount, I think it is fair to say that the team have been nothing short of exceptional. I would like to thank everyone for this warm welcome and for all of the help I have received.
I arrived at Paramount with little to no experience as I had never worked in the industry before. In fact, this was my first full-time job! When I joined I didn’t really know what to expect, however, I was eager to start learning. After just one month I have acquired an immense amount of knowledge but I am aware that I have only just scratched the surface and I am looking forward to soaking up more information and to continue learning.
I was fortunate enough on my second day to have Josh Pheagan as a guest. He broke down what seemed to be difficult concepts and made sense to a lot of aspects of the world of lettings. Going forward I am focused on consolidating the foundations and perfecting the basics.
Here are just 5 of the basics that I feel are of great importance to any new consultants;
- Listen. To absolutely everything, take on board as much information as you can.
- Write notes. As much as possible in order to learn.
- Take care with keys. Know where the keys are and who needs them and when.
- Communication. Always communicate with your team, they can always help you.
- Language. The way you say something has a bigger impact than you think it does. Choose the right words.
By Callum Lee – Lettings Consultant (of only one month!)